What Body Areas Can Be Treated with CoolSculpting® Elite?
If you're like most people, there are probably a few areas on your body you wish you could trim up. Even dedicated athletes get frustrated by stubborn fatty deposits that don't seem to go away, no matter how hard they try with diet and exercise.
If that sounds painfully familiar, then you may be interested in learning about one of the more advanced "fat freezing" treatments on the market: CoolSculpting Elite. Board-certified physician Dr. James D. Fontaine and the rest of our team at Fontaine MD Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Medicine are excited to offer this leading-edge approach to nonsurgical fat removal for our San Diego, CA patients.
What is CoolSculpting Elite?
CoolSculpting Elite is a revolutionary treatment designed to freeze and get rid of stubborn fat cells. This nonsurgical fat removal technology uses controlled cooling to target and destroy fat cells underneath the skin without affecting the skin's surface. Over time, your body naturally processes the fat and gets rid of these dead cells. The result is a more shapely physique you can be thrilled to show off.
Which areas of the body can be treated with CoolSculpting Elite?
CoolSculpting Elite is designed to treat stubborn fat deposits all over the body. The potential areas for treatment include:
- Abdomen: Fat in the stomach area can be challenging to lose. CoolSculpting Elite can help reduce belly fat, creating a more toned appearance.
- Flanks: Also known as "love handles," these fat deposits on your sides can be effectively treated with CoolSculpting Elite.
- Thighs: Both inner and outer thighs can benefit from fat freezing with CoolSculpting Elite.
- Upper Arms: You can bid farewell to "bat wings" by using this treatment to help slim down and tone your upper arms.
- Submental Area: CoolSculpting Elite can help remove fat under the chin, often referred to as a "double chin."
- Back: Fat on the back, particularly around the bra area (bra rolls), can also be addressed using this treatment.
- Under the buttocks: Also called "banana rolls," these fatty pockets can be gotten rid of with fat freezing to create a tighter look for swimsuit season.
What can I expect during my fat-freezing treatment?
CoolSculpting Elite treatments at our San Diego, CA med spa are quick and comfortable. As you lie back in a relaxed position, Dr. Fontaine will apply the machine's dual applicators to the treatment area. The applicators deliver controlled cooling to the fat cells beneath the skin. During the treatment, you may feel a pulling, tugging, mild pinching, cold, tingling, and aching at the treatment site. However, these sensations subside as the area becomes numb. Most patients read, watch TV, work on their laptops, or even nap during their treatment.
What is the recovery process like?
One significant advantage that CoolSculpting Elite has over other fat removal treatments is that there is no downtime. After the procedure, you can immediately return to your regular activities. There might be some redness, swelling, bruising, and skin sensitivity at the treatment site, but these are temporary and will resolve themselves over time.
Learn more about CoolSculpting Elite in San Diego, CA
For more information on CoolSculpting Elite and other nonsurgical fat removal options, we encourage you to schedule a consultation at Fontaine MD Aesthetics and Anti-Aging Medicine in San Diego, CA. Dr. Fontaine specializes in anti-aging treatments, aesthetic procedures, and preventive medicine and will work with you to craft a customized treatment plan for your aesthetic goals and lifestyle.